Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Week 69

    Happy birthday heather! and happy late birthday to jonas!
 
     This week has been amazing. I really think it could have been one of the best weeks i have ever had in my mission. I feel like I am becoming the best missionary i have ever been on my mission and i am LOVING the work. This area is absolutely amazing...it kind of had a bad reputation before for not being able to baptize here, but now i realize the the missionaries before me just werent being really smart about how they were working haha. We are teaching about 8 families and a few individuals and they are ALL so positive! we are working really well with the members and are trying to have the members invite the investigating families to get married on specific dates rather than us extending the commitments. and its working! we have a date for the 17th with la familia Zamora...and we have about 3 other families that want to get baptized, we just have to teach them the doctrine of the law of chastity and they will come around. Ive never loved my investigators so much and i know they can feel that love too, and that makes it a lot easier to talk really directly to them and they can trust in what we are teaching them. we had 12 investigators in church yesterday too! everything just seems to be falling into place. My companion and i are really able to compliment eachothers teaching skills. Elder Weaver is a great listener and asks really good questions. i wish i had more time to write about each of the families, but ill keep you updated in the future. Im having the time of my life.
   before i forget, I got the package from dad! thank you! im trying to make the chocolate last as long as i can...those strawberry things are SO GOOD. Im really liking the zone here. its great to be back in the city actually...theres a lot better shopping and a lot more things to make life a little more comfortable. The ward is really great, we have about 3 or 4 times a week when we eat with the members. My favorite is on thursday night, there is a lady that has a bakery and she gives us really good food and gives us a bunch of freshly baked bread and cake to take home. Her son is in the tampico mexico mission, his name is Elder Pineda...not sure if Cole knows him.
    On tuesday we did exchanges with the zone leader Elder Harding from pleasant grove. I didnt know the area very well so we spent most of the day contacting, but it we still had a lot of fun with each other. I didnt like contacting before in my mission, but i realized you just have to enjoy meeting these people and you can hear a lot of funny stories while doing it.
 
 Well my times up! sorry for the short letters, ill try to write more next week. I love you all.
 
Con amor,

Elder Archiabld

No comments:

Post a Comment